June 12, 2019: Pomotron Needs Subversive Modalities

Talk about the comic
Z6IIAB
June 12, 2019: Pomotron Needs Subversive Modalities

Post by Z6IIAB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:24 pm

lol

I feel the same about postmodernist language
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.

danihana

Post by danihana » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:21 am

ok since i haven't slept much, i can't figure out what this alien is trying to convey. explanation please?

pingupingu

Post by pingupingu » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:16 am

danihana wrote:ok since i haven't slept much, i can't figure out what this alien is trying to convey. explanation please?
Post modernism/deconstructionism.

Basic idea is that everything carries within it subtexts and hidden meanings that are revealed through the application of processes and strategies.

An example: every painting by a particular artist includes a small lamb placed in an inferior position within the larger composition. By "repetition" we identify that the presence of the lamb has larger meaning/significance to the artist, the position within the composition implies submission or sacrifice, yadda yadda.

For the most part, it's intellectual wank.

Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:21 pm

pingupingu wrote: For the most part, it's intellectual wank.
with a capital W lol

you can call it verbiage.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.